Faith To Go Podcast: Faith and Politics
Hosted each week by the Faith Formation team at St. Paul's Cathedral in San Diego, David Tremaine, Maya Little-Sana and Jackie Pippin, the Faith To Go Podcast highlight themes from the Sunday Gospel reading for you to take into your conversations throughout the week
Activity Time: Hen Coloring Page
Supplies: Printer, paper, coloring utensils
Print out this weeks coloring page of a mother hen and her chicks from Sermons4Kids found here.
Story Time: Gospel Reading and Reflection
Watch this video together and then use the discussion questions below to reflect as a family.
1) Where is Jesus headed with the disciples?
2) What Good News does Jesus share?
3) How do Israel’s leaders feel about it?
4) What did the son say to the dad when he returned.
5) What does it mean to be family?
Dinner Time: Wings
Below is a prayer with which to start your meal and then discussion questions to explore this week’s topic with your family while you eat.
Forgiving God, stay with me
As I walk through Lent
For these next forty days.
Help me to learn more about myself
During this time you have given me for
Prayer and discernment.
Open my eyes as I walk with Jesus at my side,
So that I can see any
new path you want me to follow.
Open my ears to what you are saying
When I read and
study the Bible.
More than anything, know that I’m sorry
To have forgotten you this past year.
I seek to return to you more fully in the coming days.
This I pray in the name of
Your Son, Jesus.
1. Are you a chick under someone’s wing?
2. How do chicks feel under that wing?
3. What does it teach you when you’re under someone’s wing?
4. How does God take you under his wing?
5. What does God want to teach you about caring for others?
Bedtime: Reflections for Children at the End of the Day
During your bedtime routine, invite your children into a time of reflection about their day, maybe by saying, "Did you know that God really wants to know what happened in your day today, and that God is always listening whenever you need to tell God something?" Then continue with these questions:
1) What are some things that happened today that you want to tell God about?
2) What is one happy thing that happened today? What is one sad thing that happened today?
3) Did you see God or feel God with you when those things were happening? Where did you see or feel God when those things happened today?
4) Read to your children this week’s scripture selection, then ask the questions that follows.
Some church lawyers came to Jesus to warn him about King Herod. “Herod wants to kill you. You’d better watch your back.” Jesus replied, “You tell that fox that I will cast our demons and cure people’s ills today and tomorrow and then, on the third day, I’ll be done. Jerusalem, O Jerusalem. You are the city that kills its prophets and stones those who are sent to you to give you warning. I wish I could hide all your children as a hen protects her chicks under her wings, but you won’t let me. One day, you will see me and shout, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.’”
Did the story remind you of anything that happened in your day today?
5) What are some things that you want to tell God that you are grateful for today?
Share some of your conversations in the comments below: