BEDTIME: Did you not have enough today?
During your bedtime routine, invite your children into a time of reflection about their day, maybe by saying, "Did you know that God really wants to know what happened in your day today, and that God is always listening whenever you need to tell God something?" Then continue with these questions:
1) What are some things that happened today that you want to tell God about?
2) What is one happy thing that happened today? What is one sad thing that happened today?
3) Did you see God or feel God with you when those things were happening? Where did you see or feel God when those things happened today?
4) Read to your children this week’s scripture selection, then ask the questions that follows.
Jesus said to his disciples, "Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
"Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for the head of the household to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks. Blessed are those attendants whom the head of the house finds alert when she comes; truly I tell you, she will fasten her belt and have them sit down to eat, and she will come and serve them. If she comes during the middle of the night, or near dawn, and finds them so, blessed are those attendants.
"But know this: if the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, she would not have let her house be broken into. You also must be ready, for the Son of Humanity is coming at an unexpected hour."
4) I wonder if you felt like you didn't have enough of something today.
5) What are some things that you want to tell God that you are grateful for today?