BEDTIME: Where was your mustard-seed-faith today?
During your bedtime routine, invite your children into a time of reflection about their day, maybe by saying, "Did you know that God really wants to know what happened in your day today, and that God is always listening whenever you need to tell God something?" Then continue with these questions:
1) What are some things that happened today that you want to tell God about?
2) What is one happy thing that happened today? What is one sad thing that happened today?
3) Did you see God or feel God with you when those things were happening? Where did you see or feel God when those things happened today?
4) Read to your children this week’s scripture selection, then ask the questions that follows.
The apostles said to Jesus,
"Give us more faith. We want more faith!" And they started chanting, "More faith. More faith. More faith." Jesus replied, "If you only knew how little faith you actually need- as much as this tiny seed- and you could do anything! You could talk to this tree and tell it to go jump in the lake, and it would.
"Which one of you would say to your one of your workers who has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field, 'Forget about getting me my dinner. Come over here and sit down?? "Would you not rather say to them, Bring me some good food and something good to drink, and afterwards you can sit and feed yourself?
"Do you thank the worker for doing what was commanded? Isn't that his job? So you also, when you have done all that you were ordered to do, say, 'Aw, it was nothing. I only did what I was supposed to do!"
4) I wonder if this story reminds you of anything that happened today.
5) What are some things that you want to tell God that you are grateful for today?